Race fans, it’s time to strap in and buckle up for the return of NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing at Houston Raceway Park. The roar of 11,000-horsepower drag racing engines is back, and so is your invitation to take in the spectacle of the Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals presented by Pennzoil.
We’ve added new protocols — things like social distancing, health screenings, and sanitizing — but we’re all excited to welcome back our fans.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
- Everyone 2 years old or older must wear a mask or a cloth face covering at the event. Mask must cover both mouth and nose.
- Everyone must submit to a non-contact temperature check prior to entry.
- By entering, each person confirms that they are not currently experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms and have not been recently exposed to the virus. You may be asked related health questions.
- Everyone must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet (or 2 meters) between their party and others.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not come to the event.
Overall Hygiene Strategies
- Temperature check before admittance – anyone over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted or needs to leave.
- Masks/cloth face coverings required
- Social Distancing required
- Hand washing encouraged
- Hand sanitizing encouraged
Ample supplies of soap and water, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be available and used on site. Additional cleaning will be done before, during, and after the event.
Electronic and cashless payments should be utilized as much as possible including:
- Use of online/in-advance credentials/tickets
- Use of Print-at-home or mobile entry tickets
- There will be a limit to the number of spectators allowed on site
- NHRA will use the PA system to communicate on-site and supplement with signage and other communications
- NHRA will provide signage or otherwise mark grandstands for social distancing and will have security/ushers to remind people of social distancing.
- Concessions will be marked for social distancing in lines
- Restrooms will have signage and markings for social distancing
Interaction between our fans and racers has always been one of the best and most unique aspects of NHRA Drag Racing. The pits at NHRA national events will be open to all fans, but in order to allow this, fans and racers must practice caution including but not limited to:
- Limiting face-to-face contact and staying as contactless as possible
- Maintaining social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet
- No handshakes, fist bumps, hugs or other touching
- Racers using pre-signed hero cards
- Having hand sanitizer and wipes available